Tuesday, April 14, 2009

City Winery - New York City

For Easter, my brother and I broke bread (flat, with olive oil & sea salt) and sipped our communion ('05 Bonny Doon Syrah 'Le Pousseur') at the City Winery in New York City. The City Winery is a music venue, functioning (custom) winery, restaurant and wine bar in the middle of Soho in Manhattan.

City Winery is a perfect blend of quality music, delicious food and a very smart wine list. The place is the brainchild of The Knitting Factory’s famed owner Michael Dorf – which means you can always count on a substantive lineup of musical acts.

The vibe was refreshingly unpretentious and the size of the place is almost half a city block. And while we only spent a quiet afternoon here, I'm anxious to get back for a show (when is David Byrne coming back?).

Here are some bad pics I took from my iPhone:


- Andrew

1 comment:

  1. Taylor!
    great blog and website!Thank you for sharing it with us..I've added you to my favorites and look forward to hearing more about your adventures in wine.
    very best-
    Catherine Fellowes
    PS
    BEAUTIFUL wedding photos!

    ReplyDelete